Official Tourism Website of Bruce County, Ontario, Canada
The Walker House was built in 1850 by Francis "Paddy" Walker and remains the oldest standing wooden hotel in Bruce & Grey Counties, and the oldest building in town. Only ever owned by two families, Walker and Gairns, the House was run as an inn and tavern for over a hundred years.
Now a local museum and heritage centre, because of a fire that went through the place in 1995. In 1998, the Paddy Walker Heritage Society was formed to save and restore the building. Ten years and thousands of volunteer hours later, the Walker House was reopened in 2008 as a local museum and heritage centre.
View the permanent and changing exhibits of local history, participate in one of our many heritage events, attend one of our occasional heritage speaker presentations and much more!
In the off season, the Walker House is available to host your next meeting, family gathering or community event. We have ideal rooms at a modest fee available day or evening.