Official Tourism Website of Bruce County, Ontario, Canada

scroll_arrow
Slider Overlay
Grifith Island Lighthouse
Please note: Some business hours may vary due to COVID-19.

The Griffith Island Lighthouse, one of John Brown’s Imperial Towers, was built on the east shore of Griffith Island in 1859. The keeper’s house has nearly collapsed, while the lighthouse structure remains intact. The Island is privately owned, while the light station is maintained by the Coast Guard. It is only visible by a private boat from the water. Access is not permitted.

Lighthouse Features

  • Type of Light: Fresnel
  • Range: 28km
  • Height: 55 ft
  • Steps: 5 sets of stairs
  • Style: Steel Tower
  • Year Built: 1859

What's Nearby?