Regions of Bruce
From sprawling farming communities to busy downtowns and charming small towns, Bruce County welcomes you.
Bruce County is made up of three distinct tourism regions: the Interior, Lakeshore and Peninsula. Each offers landscapes, history and activities that reflect the uniqueness of Bruce County.
Find yourself soaking up sunsets over farmland in the Interior, wandering beaches along the Lakeshore, or hiking limestone cliffs along the Peninsula.
Best-kept secrets are around every corner of every region, so travel slow and plan for the unexpected.
Backdropped by sprawling countryside, the Interior offers so much to explore:
- Walk the trails of the legendary Greenock Swamp
- Fish on Arran Lake
- Get inspired in the artistic village of Paisley
- Paddle 60 km of the mighty Saugeen River
- Mountain bike the Brant Tract near Paisley
- Mountain bike the Carrick Tract near Mildmay
- Immerse yourself in history at the Historic Hose Tower in Paisley
- Take a selfie with the Big Bruce in Chelsey
- Be taken back to hockey history at the Paul Henderson mural in Lucknow
Breathe in gorgeous sunsets on sandy beaches of the Lakeshore.
- Swim endless laps at the second longest (11 km) freshwater beach in the world – Sauble Beach
- Taste local flavour at three local craft breweries
- Camp at one of (or all) three Provincial Parks
- Fish at Denny’s Dam
- Paddle the mouth of the Saugeen River
- Surf, kiteboard, and kitesurf the great lake
- Be captivated by Kincardine’s Scottish Pipe Band Parade
- Find endless shopping options in the historic downtowns like Port Elgin
- Fill your mind with knowledge at the Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre in Southampton
Dividing Georgian Bay from Lake Huron, the Peninsula is a beautiful and pristine place, with dozens of opportunities for natural wonder.
- Hike 159 km of the Bruce Trail
- Experience the natural wonders of 2 national parks:
- Bruce Peninsula National Park (home of the renowned Grotto)
- Fathom Five National Park (home to the infamous Flowerpot Island)
- Catch a ride on the iconic MS Chi-Cheemaun in Tobermory
- Stroll the streets of the vibrant harbour town of Tobermory
- Hike you way to the unforgettable views of Lion’s Head Lookout
- Take pause and reflect in the Dark-Sky Preserve
- Dive into and explore 22 shipwrecks
- Grab a photo and check out Wiarton Willie’s home and statue
- Tour the 8 lighthouses