At one time, the range light in Point Clark existed as a lantern hung in a coastal pine-tree. In the 1850′s, Point Clark was one of the “imperial towers” built by John Brown. Built of limestone from nearby Inverhuron, the Point Clark Lighthouse stands 26.5 meters (80 feet) high.
Its shoreline location in a cozy beach community also makes it easily accessible. About 18 km south of Kincardine, the lighthouse is open for tours during the summer. The light keeper’s quarters, built at the same time as the lighthouse, is now a museum operated by the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
Sturdy shoes and a head for heights are a must for the climb up the nine flights of stairs-a total of 114 steps-to the lightroom. The view from the top is spectacular and worth the climb!
Tours of the Lighthouse and Museum commence on June 28th and run until Labour Day.
The lighthouse It is open daily from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Special sunset tours are available by appointment.
In addition to the Lightkeeper’s Museum and Lighthouse Tower, there is a gift shop on site. We sell Point Clark Lighthouse Hoodies, t-shirts, jackets, postcards, keychains and more!
- Type of Light: White Pencil Beam Light
- Range: 14km
- Height: 87 ft
- Steps: 114
- Style: Imperial
- Year Built: 1855-1859
Point Clark ON N0G 2R0