Grifith Island Lighthouse

The Griffith Island Lighthouse, one of John Brown’s Imperial Towers, was built on the east shore of Griffith Island in 1859. The keeper’s house has nearly collapsed, while the lighthouse structure remains intact. The Island is privately owned, while the light station is maintained by the Coast Guard. It is only visible by a private boat from the water. Access is not permitted.

Lighthouse Features:

  • Type of Light: Fresnel
  • Range: 28km
  • Height: 55 ft
  • Steps: 5 sets of stairs
  • Style: Steel Tower
  • Year Built: 1859
Grifith Island Lighthouse
Griffith Island, Kemble, ON N0H 1S0, Canada
Kemble ON N0H 1S0
Canada